Have you noticed these funny bar codes on ads and mail pieces A LOT lately? I was driving behind one on a bus this morning and wasn’t sure how safe it was to scan it while driving! QR codes seem to be gaining more and more popularity in mainstream, traditional [belated] marketing. Regardless of how long the life span is on QR codes, I think marketers can find a way to jump on board with the trend and use the tool on their current materials.
What is a QR Code?
A QR code is a 2-D barcode that can be scanned by a smart phone’s camera and transfer information. Based on the type of code it is, it can direct to a website, video, make a phone 2p. call, deliver a vCard or more. (Scan cheap nfl jerseys the one in this blog to follow us on Twitter!)
Where Can You Use Them?
Anywhere really you can think of really! We use them on our business cards, tradeshow promotions, sponsorships, and advertisements. The key is how you are using them – unique landing page, video promo, contest, survey, SMS text or phone calls.
How to Get Creative?
Here are some quick more creative ideas for B2B and wholesale mlb jerseys B2C marketers
- Real Time Customer Service Company – use these as an easy option for customers to contact you right off your product label. Integrate with SMS text and start a mobile chat with a live customer service agent.
- Voice of the Customer Feedback – add a QR code survey on your product cheap jerseys or next invoice to get some customer feedback on your product or to service. Or take your customer to a review site where they can post a public review or recommendation
- Coupon Offerings – put coupon codes on your business card or even on your products labels. I think this would work great for CPG and FMCG type of products.
- Events Exposure – if you are sponsoring an event, have your QR code added to the ticket or badge tag. Send them to a lead form for a download of your latest case your study or white paper.
- Social Media – use QR codes to get more Likes and Followers. Or again use it as a customer service link for your twitter customer care accounts.
- Contests & Giveaways cheap mlb jerseys – print cards at a booth or create a scavenger hunt for your customers to win a prize.
These are just a few ideas; the sky is the limit. Have you seen or implemented any unique uses of this mini barcodes? Please comment and share your ideas.