Want happier customers? Implementing a live chat solution can keep customers satisfied, while helping retailers grow their business online. Live chats provide fast, on-demand customer support right on your website, giving you an opportunity to immediately address customer concerns, questions, and close sales.
24-7 Intouch worked with an American retailer that focuses on upscale casual wear for young consumers to facilitate the launch of their live chat program, and now provides service, sales, and back office support while leveraging a leading live chat partner and Social Media Management on behalf of all of the Company’s associated brands.
By implementing a dedicated live chat team, the Company saw a significant increase to First Contact Resolution (FCR) results and reduction in duplication of contacts across multiple channels. Cost per Contact (CPC) dropped by 41% through efforts of the 24-7 Intouch team to increase efficiency in Chats per Labor Hour (CPLH), and CSAT scores increased by over 15%.
In addition to the success of the customer service launch via live chat, 24-7 Intouch provided valuable insight through custom reports, leveraging data collected in the live chat program and the Company’s CRM, to help them determine an actionable strategy for launching a sales-focused chat program. By taking an extremely targeted approach to deployment, the Company has continued to see significant lift in Conversion and AOV in chat assisted vs. self-serve transactions.
Initial Project Goals
- Provide a superior labor and technology solution that drives revenue and customer satisfaction
- Utilize skilled labor pool to maximize technology investment and productivity
- Maintain “cool” brand connection with their customers across multiple brands
- Experience should replicate in-store shopping
- Dedicated customer service chat agent pool to complement voice, social, and email support channels
- Addition of chat channel to contact and product pages
- Focus on CPLH, FCR, CSAT, and VOC insights across channels
- Implementation of Back Office Support teams
- Within three months, chat became the second most used channel, above email
- 41% CPC cost reduction due to increased CPLH efficiency
- High FCR results to avoid duplication of other support channels
- Multichannel solution including voice, chat, email, social, self-service and fraud support